First month of lockdown: Complete.
April 2020 is a month I don’t think I’ll ever forget! Adjusting to a new pace of life. I originally didn’t want to waste any of my makeup or skincare during the lockdown but as time has gone on I’ve realised how much applying a face of makeup can make you just feel better! Also, when am I ever going to get the time to play with it all this much and get the practice in.
So here are 8 things I have loved in April:
- Headphones- Having a pair of wireless headphones has made lockdown so much easier. Whether it’s out on walks, or sitting at my laptop. They really help you disconnect especially if you’re stressed or just want some peace. Rob and I have very different music tastes so I like to listen to my headphones when I’m drawing or cleaning, the music gets in my head better through headphones than on a speaker. Does anyone else find that? I found these over on Amazon for such a bargain price! I originally wanted the rose gold Beats but these are a steal at this price. They also come with an aux cable so you can connect them to computers. They’re bluetooth, wireless and can connect to radio. I’ve had them since 2017 and they’re still in perfect nick.
- Alpha H Triple Action Cleanser with Thyme– I saw this on LookFantastic after seeing a few beauty youtubers mention it. During lockdown I wanted to make a more conscious effort to look after my skin and luckily beforehand i’d purchased this and a Foreo Fofo. It’s specifically for oily and problematic skin, just like mine. I’ve been seeing a great change in my skin, it cleanses without making my skin feel dry. I only purchased a small bottle of it as I wasn’t so sure but I’m definitely repurchasing the large one.
- Foreo Fofo- The name! haha! It still makes me laugh! I have seen people with their Foreo face cleansing machines allover social media. I really wanted to get the Foreo Luna but it’s too expensive for my budget so I had a look across their whole range and decided to plump for the Fofo. For me it was a bit of an expensive purchase but everyone says you should invest in your health and in particular, your skin, so I decided to get it. From use one, it has been an incredible addition to my skincare regime. It’s soft silicone bristles just make your skin feel polished! And for someone with combination skin that can get bad dry skin, this is such a lovely feeling! I use it with my cleansers and set the routine on the app and just let it vibrate whilst I rub it all over my face. This one does come with batteries and can’t be recharged but you do get up to 400 uses on batteries before they need changing. It’s fully waterproof so if you’re in a rush in the mornings you can even use it in the shower. This is one of the best purchases I’ve made to help improve my self confidence!
- Dior Forever Fluid Foundation– I’ve had this for awhile now and barely used it as it was too dark for my colour. However, I’ve recently become obsessed with fake tan and this is the PERFECT match when I have a tan. It’s so nice to have that one luxury foundation in my makeup collection.
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Longwear Foundation– Ah it’s so nice when you can turn a mistake into a positive. When Rihanna launched Fenty Beauty and I saw the shade range, I was so excited that finally a brand was going to have colours for pale skin. A lot of brands palest shade is still too dark for me so I decided to get shade 100 in this foundation. BIG MISTAKE! It’s far too pale for me, and so I stopped using it. However, as I was barely using the Dior foundation I mentioned above, I had a bright idea to mix them. Together they make a pretty perfect match to my skin and combined they are now my most expensive foundation I’ll ever own haha!
- Revolution X Patricia Bright Rich In Colour Face Palette in ‘Summer Sunrise’– I love this little face palette! I got it for Christmas and have been using it ever since. It’s so small and has the perfect shade of highlight, blush and contour. I keep this in my day-to-day makeup bag that I throw in my bag when i’m going out. I also got one of the Revolution X Patricia Bright eyeshadow palettes too and I really recommend them. Super pigmented, great colours and a cheap price!
- McoBeauty Lipstick- the perfect nude lipstick for me that I got in a Glossybox.
- Eylure Brow Magician- This has to be one of the most epic bargains I’ve ever got. We were in a shop called Boyes and these were on the side, for only £2! On one end is a tapered eyebrow pencil and the other side is a coloured brow gel. Considering I’m a slave to the Benefit brow products (They’re so expensive but I always seem to come back to buy them!) I’m really pleased to have this in my makeup bag as it works so well and if I do lose it, it’s not the end of the world. This dark brown is the perfect shade for my brows, not too much black in it and not with an orange tint. I’ve not been able to find it linked anywhere so I have a feeling this is an end of line product, so I’ve linked a different Eylure brow product I’ve used below
What’s been your favourite things in April?