Beauty advent calendars are a fairly new thing to me!
I got my first one last year as a birthday present and I’m convinced I will be getting one every year. They can be great value for money and a great way to find new products from a brand your curious about. There’s something a lot more fun about finding a product behind each door instead of
This year I chose the Maybelline Countdown 12 day calendar mostly because it was a cracking deal and so very shiny! Inside I found 12 products that I will definitely be using in the future…
ShayKennedy uses affiliate links. Please read the disclaimer for more info.
What do you get in the Maybelline Countdown 12 Day Beauty Calendar?
- Lash Sensational Mascara in ‘Very Black’
- Superstay 3D Gel Effect Plumping Top Coat
- Superstay Nail Colour in Deep Red
- Master Strobing Liquid in Light/Iridiscent
- Colour Tattoo Creamy Eye Shadow in ‘ On and On Bronze’
- Colour Tattoo Creamy Eye Shadow in ‘Creme de Nude’
- Colour Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in ‘Divine Wine’
- Colour Sensational Creamy Matte lipstick in ‘Clay Crush’
- Baby Skin Fatigue Blur Primer
- Master Precise Skinny in ‘Black’
- Baby Lips Lip Balm in ‘Cherry Me’
- Baby Lips Lip Balm Hydrate
WHAT DO I THINK OF THE MAYBELLINE COUNTDOWN 12 DAY BEAUTY CALENDAR?
Admittedly, I haven’t really used much Maybelline in the past. It’s a brand I’ve tried the odd product from Maybelline but when I saw the advent calendar, I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to try new products.
Since buying this advent calendar for myself, I have had a look for it online. I saw that the prices vary DRAMATICALLY, especially from what we paid for it.
We bought mine from Home Bargains for £12.99, which was a huge saving compared to online prices. Given the price of the products individually, it is a massive saving getting this calendar. I’m also seriously impressed with the products themselves- all things I want to try! The calendar also has enough products for you to use to create a few different looks, making it a pretty neat present too.
I would really recommend buying this for yourself or as a gift! It’s great value for money and filled with useful everyday products!
I can recommend giving Melissa’s blog post about beauty and lifestyle advent calendars a read if you’re still trying to make your mind up about whether beauty and lifestyle advent calendars are for you!